Friday, July 3, 2015

19 years ago this week......(Post 3 of 5)

In my last post I mentioned our visit to Dave Cameron's home, and his wrestling room.....


Mexico's Esther (Moreno) was surprised to find that Dave even had some old wrestling programs and magazines from her homeland. New Zealand hasn't seen a lot of lucha libre style wrestling, and prior to my first trip to Japan I had only heard about it. (And ironically, on that first tour, I refereed for Universal Wrestling Federation - the lucha company in Japan). But it's not surprising that Dave has goodies from that part of the world in his collection also.


Japan's Bison Kimura enjoyed Dave's collection of miniature wrestling figurines, and their ring.


Australia's Mark Mercedes found Bison, and I assume he also found some goodies from the Australian wrestling scene :-)


USA's Candi Devine took a liking to some of the books she saw. I believe the one she is holding in this photo is actually (New Zealand promoter) Steve Rickard's biography.


With show time beckoning, we finally had to get ready to go. We're still waiting for a couple of people in this photo, but, from top left and working down the steps we have Princess Blanca and Esther Moreno from Mexico, Naomi Kato from Japan, Mark Mercedes from Australia (with the dark glasses in the middle), Wally Yamaguchi from Japan, A.J. Freely from New Zealand, Greg Smit from Australia and Bison Kimura from Japan, and me on the phone, obviously conducting important tour business.

Tomorrow I'll have some action shots from the Auckland show, and maybe write a little more about the matches.......


No comments:

Post a Comment